Tuesday 5 March 2013

Colour Wheel - a splash of PINK

If you've been reading our blog you will notice that yesterday Soph did a post about the colour black. Now this was planned, and I am going to attempt to do my own posts with a new colour every day this week showing 5 items I have.
I thought I would start today with PINK because it is a lovely bright summery colour!




The first item is this pale pink linen shirt from Guess:


I have had this for aggesssss and definitely got my money's worth out of it.! It's just so comfy and because it's linen it's perfect for summer as it doesn't make me too hot. When it's colder I often wear it with a plain grey jumper and maybe something underneath it too. F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!


Now to my favourite pair of shoes I own:


They are from Kate Kuba and I managed to get them in the end of summer sale last year for a much cheaper price (hoorah!).  I love the sort of snakeskin effect they have and the colour is gorge. 


I felt I shouldn't just include clothes etc so here is a useful object I own which happens to be pink:


Yes it's an ipod splitter! This is amazing for long car / train / plane journey's with a friend because you can listen to one person's ipod together and preserve the battery of the other! I hate the awkwardness of sharing one pair of earphones because I always end up frustrated that it keeps getting pulled out of my ear everytime I move one centimetre - therefore this is the perfect solution. I cannot remember but it was either from Paperchase or Octopus... I'm pretty sure it was quite expensive, but I think it's so worth it.

Probably the most important pink thing I own has to be a blush:

This is so old, it's called Thrrob and I bought it from benefit. It is a dusty pink shade and I could not live without it being the pale ghost I am.

Last but not least... this post would not be complete without a dress!


Now it does look a little orange in this photograph but I assure you it's not! I bought this from ASOS for a reasonable price. I just love the knitted effect, the peter pan collar (of course - my all time fave), and the detailing on the 3/4 sleeves and hem:


Look out for tomorrow's colour wheel post from me in the colour WHITE!
Enjoy the summery day!

Minka x





No comments:

Post a Comment