Monday 4 March 2013

Pre-Summer-Over-Excitement Syndrome

Hello y'all,

Oh my gosh did anyone else look out of their window this morning, saw it looked like a summer's day and got oh so excited?! Well I did. To celebrate this turning point I thought I would share with you what I know I will be using over the summer (I'm worried that I've gotten so over excited about a season that my expectations are far too high for what the reality will be... hence the title).

CLOTHES

I just love a pretty summer dress, I can't think of anything nicer. I have two new ones ready for this year, from Topshop and Superdry:





 This is the Topshop one, and I bought it in the sale at the end of last summer for a bargain price... which I have forgotten...
Anyway, I have only worn it once so far on a holiday over Christmas so I can't wait to be in it more often. You can wear it in the day just as it is or add some more glam accessories and makeup to go out, so it's really versatile. I also like the criss-cross detail on the back, just makes it a bit more interesting.



I bought this on Friday, so it really is brand new. I should probably point out that this is not a photo of me wearing it... I just found it on the website!!! It's made of a really soft cotton, so comfy for everyday wearing. I like the fact it's simple and easy to wear and again you can accessorise it up a bit. 

Now, I appreciate it is slightly odd to add a jumper to a summer post but I have good reasons!:
This is from Jack Wills, and it's a knitted white 'holey' sweater with slightly short sleeves and pink lines. Because of the holes it doesn't keep you particularly toasty, so it is perfect for summer as it adds a layer on top just for if it's windy or if you get cold very quickly like me.

Also from Jack Wills, a summer necessity.... A bikini!


I lost the bottoms to my favourite frilly black bikini over last summer so I decided to treat myself to a new one. I haven't owned a floral bikini before and had been after one for last summer but I'm very petite so couldn't find something I liked which also fitted. But finally my search has come to an end!


BEAUTY


(sorry if you don't feel nail polish should count in a beauty category but I do)

from the left:

MODELS OWN BEETLE JUICE AQUA VIOLET
Seriously this is such a cool one, it looks bluey-purple in some lights and sort of grey-blue in others. I just think it's so funky. 

ESSIE NICE IS NICE
Last summer I got quite into pastel colours and this was my fave. It's a very light lavender lilac and I find it's a really nice base for nail art too.

MODELS OWN NORTHERN LIGHTS
This was a Christmas present from la blogmate because she knows I love pink and sparkles. I often find sparkles in mass amounts can get too OTT and look a bit garish, as much as I love them - but because of the really light pink shade of this polish it's perfect.

TOPSHOP DAYDREAM
If you want to read more about this, look back to my February Favourites post... it was the winner of the random category and I expressed my love for it there and won't bore you by doing it again here.

NATURAL COLLECTION CORAL SHIMMER LIPSTICK
Again, I wrote about this in yesterday's post "Getting Glam" so refer back if you're interested!



ACCESSORIES 




from the left:

ASOS GOLD LEAF HEADBAND
I bought this two years ago (I think) from ASOS for a wedding, to accessorise my hair a bit. I was pleased to re-discover it when clearing out a draw a couple of weeks ago, because it looks so pretty on and jazzes up the hair-in-a-very-messy-bun sort of look I often end up going for. The only downside is, it's rather hard to get off my head because it gets stuck very easily and can result in a painful situation... but I shall suffer to be beautiful.

RIVER ISLAND PINK DAISY EARRINGS
A new buy from River Island for £5. I was looking for some big, statement stud earrings but none took my fancy until I found these! And I was pleased to find that they don't feel too heavy on my ears at all - something which has put me off big earrings in the past.

SILVER BANGLE CUFF BRACELET
I have no clue where this is from I'm afraid as it was a birthday present. Because I am a January birthday, I have been living in winter clothes since owning this and have found it a bit difficult to coordinate with a baggy jumper. Therefore I am looking forward to wearing it all summer long.


Now that I have written this it's dark again outside which has rather saddened me because I was enjoying listening to the birds tweeting outside my window with the sunlight streaming in but never mind.

Minka x

2 comments:

  1. The top shop dress is so pretty! Perfect for summer :) xxx

    www.ohsoaddictedtobeaut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel! I have really enjoyed reading your blog! xxx

      Delete