Tuesday 19 March 2013

Easy Peasy Nail Art


Hello!
I thought I would share with you a really simple nail art design which I am wearing at the moment!
With this black and white colour combination (of course you can choose different colours if you wish), it pulls off the monochrome look which is apparently very 'in' this season... and it also reminds me of the '60s which I consider to be a fun and wacky era!

1) Paint your nails with a base coat 

I have several good ones I use for different reasons, starting from the left:
Sally Hansen Double Duty - just the standard top coat and base coat in one.
M&S Growth Booster - I am victim to the hideous habit that is biting your nails... the only way I can stop myself is by wearing nail varnish, and Growth Booster helps my nails to recover and grow whilst I am not biting them.
Sally Hansen Miracle Cure - I must be lacking in some sort of mineral (I'm thinking calcium maybe?) my nails break and peel very very easily. Miracle Cure is helping to repair them and make them stronger, and I use this most often as a base coat. 

2) Paint the colour


I have used this Nail Tip Whitener from Rimmel to do this. I don't think you are meant to use it all over your nail as a polish like I have, but oh well it was the best I could find!


3) It's stripe time!


I chose a black colour to do this - Aubin and Wills is the make I used. 
I suggest you make sure that the white paint is properly dry before you do this!!
Very simply, you just paint a stripe down the middle of your nail, making it as thick as you wish. Of course it is harder to paint with your weaker hand but with some Q-tips at the ready to tidy up any mess you should be ok with a bit of practice! 

4) Use a top coat

I always use Sally Hansen Double Duty (see above). I think it is really good and worth spending money on - it is quite chip resistant which is very important. 


I have received lots of compliments about this look and I am sure I will be wearing it more often, and be experimenting with different colours as well!

Minka x


No comments:

Post a Comment