Wednesday 13 March 2013

Beauty Tag!

Hello!
I'm pretty sure this is an old tag but I really wanted to do one and this took my fancy!
Do comment if you've done it yourself, or if you are going to do it and I will definitely have a look!


What's your favorite make up look?
At the moment I’m loving the what-I-call “peaches and cream” look. I have very pale skin and I am enjoying using peachy blush colours and coral / peach lipsticks.

What is your must-have beauty product?
For me, an under eye cream is really important. Right now I’m using Laura Mercier’s “Secret Concealer” which is really helping to hide the dark circles under my eyes!!

What part of your body do you love?
I am very blessed to have thick, fairly long hair. It is a strange colour (goldey, brownish, sometimes a tiny bit ginger), but I am often complimented on it and I am lucky that it has lots of volume too.
Personally, I think I have nice teeth! I had awful, horrendous baby teeth, but my adult ones have turned out to be fine and I have had braces so they are perfectly straight....a smile is so important to me!

Who is your beauty icon?
I have a fair few “beauty icons” or “beauty envy’s”... here’s the first ones that spring to mind:
Marilyn Monroe - I’m sorry how could you think she isn’t beautiful?!
Adele - always envious of her perfect eyeliner and amazing nails
Katy Perry - sometimes she’s a little OTT but can pull off the glamourous look I absolutely love so amazingly.
Emma Watson - Generally she has the perfect natural look
Zoella - yes I have a slight obsession!!


What beauty product makes you feel instantly good?
Recently I have gone a little bit crazy about lipstick so I will go for that... it makes me feel a little more glam! (yes I am wearing some today even though I’ve got trackies on and I’m not leaving the house...)

How do you look after your skin?
I am incredibly lucky to have non-troublesome skin, obviously there’s the odd annoyance but overall it’s pretty good so I don’t spend too much time looking after it. I’m using the Bare Minerals Deep Cleansing Foam at the moment which my Mum gave to me because she got it in a set (I think) and didn’t need it. I also moisturize frequently and occasionally use a face scrub or some form of pore cleansing thing. 

What is your signature scent?
Daisy by Marc Jacobs

What is your hair care secrets?
I brush my at least twice a day (sometimes more because I find it quite enjoyable) and wash it every other day with Herbal Essences shampoo / conditioners. I never blow dry it myself and rarely ever straighten or curl it because I can’t be bothered... so it doesn’t get much heat exposure!

How do you pamper yourself?
I love a nice bubble bath and do enjoy a “mini pamper evening” of being in there for ages before applying a nice body butter and using a mask or cleansing my face whilst it soaks in. I will then sort my nails out as they are often in awful condition because I bite them. I AM SO JEALOUS of Soph’s nails... they are Perfection with a capital P.

What is your beauty annoyance?
The thing that annoys me most is when people use far too much foundation and look completely orange. I really don’t think it’s necessary, it’s not a very good look and is probably not great for your skin.

What would your desert island must haves be?
*A good book
*A few cartons of apple juice
*Some ice cream
*the playstation game Singstar with all my favourite songs on it.
*A bag of make up I can "play with"
*suncream
*sunglasses
*A bikini
*a pretty dress
*my hairbrush
*Someone fun to keep me company (la Blogmate is an ideal candidate)

(I have probably exceeded the limit on this question!!!)

Finally, do you have a beauty philosophy?
I don’t have a “beauty” philosophy but I do try to live by this quote from Marilyn Monroe:



Minka x




No comments:

Post a Comment