Thursday 4 April 2013

Purchases and other fun

I am currently in jet-lag recovery mode but have managed to get round to writing this post! I just picked out some stuff as I did buy rather a lot and I don't wish to bore you (some of it was dull, basic things like plain t-shirts). 





















I bought the pink studded ones from Kurt Geiger at the airport actually - as they had the most amazing sale ever on. I love that style of shoe and it's pastel pink and how could I not buy them?! 
The boots are Steve Madden and I also got them in a 40% off sale. I cannot tell you how comfortable they are - they are made of really really thin, soft leather. I have been on the lookout for a pair of boots for ages and these are perfection.

These are my fave beauty products which I picked up. 
I bought two Urban Decay individual eyeshadows, the first is called 'Chopper' - the far left on the swatch, a beautiful shimmery copper gold. The pale glittery pink is 'Bordello' which was a cheeky buy because I wasn't satisfied with just one shade of the most amazing eyeshadows I have ever set my eyes on.
The nail polishes are 'Smush' from Urban Outfitters and Illamasqua's 'Motte'. Now I looked everywhere for the speckled egg effect polishes from Illamasqua and it had sold out in every single shop: I was told they go extremely quickly. However I found one lonely little polish all on it's own... I swear it was the only one left in the whole of NYC! I got extremely excited as you can imagine and I am now treating it as my baby.
I also got this pale coral / nude shimmery lip crayon, 'glisten' from tarte. It's subtle but beautiful (far right on the swatch).


I got this new home for my ever growing makeup collection in Forever 21; I don't remember the price but it was surprisingly cheap! It is the perfect perfect size and easy for rummaging around in... cute and practical - which has become my new catchphrase.


Quick break from shopping... Here are two photo's of me at the setting of just a couple of my favourite movies.
The Central Park fountain, featured in Enchanted, and the Tiffany's window where Audrey Hepburn ate her croissant in 'Breakfast at Tiffany's'. I also wanted to eat a croissant however I could not find one which was the disappointment of the day.


The black trousers are American Apparel's Disco Pants which lots and lots of people have... I know you can buy them in the UK but they're about £30 cheaper in America. If you haven't seen them, I would describe them as shiny lyrca leggings.
The white ones are from Forever 21 and I thought they were really cool and unusual but great for summer. They look like white jeans but they aren't; they have this really cute embroidered / crochet effect on top (I'm not really sure how to describe?!) and are a thin  sort of stretchy material.


I assure you those shorts are a coral pink, not orange!!! They are from American Apparel  too and are a silky sort of high waisted thing. Expensive, but I am very sure I will get my money's worth.
The dress is also American Apparel (yes I really really love their stuff) and is nice for summer but different to the other summer dresses I have which are mostly floaty and floral. I love the colours - not something I would have been able to put together myself but it does look really cool!
With this white Urban Outfitters top, it was love at first sight.... it is so 'me'. It's flowers, its sequins, it has a collar and it's white. What more could I ask for?!?! I love the slightly flared effect at the bottom too.


I bought my iphone a couple of presents because I love it very much:



The pretty hearts phone case is Urban Outfitters - my old case broke so I wanted to get a new one.
This plug in telephone which I got in PINK is probably the most pointless thing I bought on the trip - yet I assure you I will get use out of it! So I can do a really good secretary voice; the, 'Hello, I'm so sorry she's in a meeting right now could I take a message? I'll get back to you as soon as possible' sort of thing.... and so I bought this handset you plug into your phone to create more fun for myself....ahahhhahahaha I love it I'm sorry!!

And then of course I had an extremely exciting time with la blogmate though of course it was far too short!!! :( 


We tried out these face masks which I brought back from America and we then played with makeup... there were lots of giggles, plenty of singing and so much happiness. 

Sorry this post ended up being so long! Hope you enjoyed,

Minka x



2 comments: