Thursday 21 February 2013

We love a nice perfume

Hello Travellers!

Thought I would get the blog moving by doing a proper post about my personal favourite scents (as in perfume and body spray etc).

So here goes...!

I have two main perfumes which I alternate between depending on where I am and what I feel like wearing. The first one is Vera Wang's "Glam Princess":


The bottle is not my favourite, I'll admit it does a look a bit tacky however I love the little crown cap.
It's probably got the strongest scent out of the perfumes I own - it's quite sweet, fruity and musky at the same time. It does fade quite quickly which is nice in a way because then it's a little more subtle, though probably not the most useful trait for a perfume to have.


The second one I wear is Marc Jacob's "Daisy":

This is such a popular perfume - If you don't own it I bet someone you know does! It is quite expensive (like most perfumes) but having said that it is so worth it as the scent stays for ages and the bottle is beautiful, it looks so pretty on a dressing table. It's a more floral one with a hit of musk and the strength is perfect. I am yet to meet someone who has said they don't like the smell of this!


When on-the-go perfume bottles are not the most handbag friendly items. BUT I have found a product which solves this problem! The company "Crazylibellule and the poppies" have invented perfumes on a stick and after doing some googling it appears they have lots of scents. I own "Les Divines Alcoves Amoureuse In Love":

It is so tiny (and therefore cute) and the packaging is so beautiful.. and according to my research you can buy it on amazon, but I bought mine in a little boutique shop quite a long time ago.
It looks a bit like a large lipbalm, and you apply it the same way (though to your wrists... not your lips!) and it smells so so nice, floral, but not over the top, it's quite rosy.
I would definitely recommend this if you're looking for something portable.


The last scent I use is a body mist. It's from PINK in a range called "PINK with a splash" and I believe there are quite a few avaliable. This is the one I own:


It's really girly yet subtle smell, quite nice to put on if you've just got out of the shower I find. It's sort of fruity floral and I love it however I prefer actual perfume to body mists, so I don't get that much use out of it.

So there you have it, hope you've enjoyed the first proper post (if you've managed to reach the end) and keep your eyes out for more!

Love,

Minka
xx





No comments:

Post a Comment