Saturday 23 February 2013

Feb Favourites!

Hello one and all!

My dear blogmate is still on her trip in London, and has been making me incredibly jealous, what with going shopping yesterday and the One Direction concert tonight - I have therefore made her promise she will do a post on it all when she is back home with some proper internet!
I thought I would do a February Favourites post in the meantime to keep you entertained. I'm hoping to do one each month, and hopefully la blogmate will too, so you can compare and enjoy our favourites (don't get too excited). I have made a few categories (yes I have a lot of spare time), to keep it consistent and also easier for me to choose what I'll write about...



SONG

I thought it would be a nice idea to start with this so you can listen to it as you read on. This month I have been loving Valentino by Diane Birch. It just sounds so happy and summery which is a nice thing when its artic temperatures outside:


PRODUCT
My favourite product which I have been using constantly is the Jack Wills English Velvet Body Butter.



I have tried a few body butters over the years but never found a really good one that I could call a proper favourite. But this stuff is amazing... firstly it smells so nice, it's soapy but a little floral (quite a hard one to describe) and it has the perfect thickness to it. The major benefit is that it's in a large tub so you can get so much use out of it. I've been using it a lot since Christmas time and it looks like I haven't made a dent in it!


ITEM OF CLOTHING
I was in Topshop a few weeks ago when I spied these shoes...
I do not regret spending £70 on them. They are amazing... you can wear them with anything and because I am so short I can get away with wearing them in the day and not look too dressed up, whilst gaining some extra height! They are so comfortable and unlike some of my other boots they are easy to get on and off - you can't see in the photo but they do have a zip on the side so there's no need to bother with the laces.


MOVIE
Recently I thought to myself "Omg I have never seen a Marilyn Monroe movie! I will buy some!" so I had a bit of an Amazon splurge and bought about 7... I have now fallen in love with these old movies and my favourite so far is The Prince and The Showgirl. If you have seen My Week With Marilyn , The Prince and The Showgirl is the film Marilyn and Laurence Olivier are making in that movie (MWWM is such an amazing film, one of my all time favourites and what introduced me to the wonderful world of Marilyn Monroe... and Eddie Redmayne -*faints dramatically*). 
I loved it so so much because it's funny, its girly, and it has some of the biggest stars of the time in it.. and it is set in London just to make it more exciting! Here's the old trailer:


If you have seen it or plan on watching it - my favourite scene is where she does a little dance infront of the sofa (it is also in My Week With Marilyn though thats obviously Michelle Williams version).



RANDOM
And in the random catagory this month, the winner is a Topshop nail polish. You will soon find out that I am a nail polish addict however I was lacking in pink shades and had been on the hunt for a while. I then came across "Daydream" when I was on a mini Topshop spree:


As with all Topshop make up products I love love love the packaging and I have to say it is quite good quality (I didn't have much experience with them before I purchased this) and the colour comes out amazingly after just one coat.
I also tried it out as half moons against a nude (Topshop - Nice n' Neutral) and it came out like this which I thought was cool (my hand looks like it belongs to a ghost because of the flash, sorry!):


And there we go.
Hope you had a good little dance to Valentino, feel inspired to watch a Marilyn Monroe movie and try out some body butter amongst other things!
Expect a post from the blog mate sometime soon, as explained above ^^^

Until next time,

Minka x



No comments:

Post a Comment